Wednesday, October 01, 2008

O Friends, instead of thinking
yourselves more fit for Christ by growing bigger, grow smaller! Instead of getting greater, get less! Instead of being more
wise, be more completely bereft of all wisdom and come to Jesus for wisdom, righteousness and all things!
Sometimes when we are very feeble and our language is very simple, God may bless it all the more and I do pray He
may, this morning, set His seal upon this poor talk of His sick servant! Every particle of my flesh and every atom of my
bones is praying God to bless this sermon! Grim pain has been racking me while I have been speaking. May this discourse
be more honorable than its brethren because I bore it with sorrow! I long, I pine, I cry before God that He may bless this
feeble word of mine to your conversion and to the conversion of many dear children. Those of you who have never looked
to Christ and lived, do unto Christ, I pray you, just what these dear children did—He called them and they came and
were folded in His arms. Come along with you!
Do you half wish you could be a child, again? You can be! He can give

you a child’s heart and you can be in His Kingdom newly-born. May it be so, for His name’s sake! Amen. --SPURGEON

Blog Archive