Friday, August 06, 2010

when it DOESN'T work

Last night I missed an opportunity.

I was at Borders.  As I was taking in Rolling Stones special issue "500 greatest songs of all time" a fellow was returning the copy he'd been perusing.  We stopped and talked a bit and he moved on.  After a few minutes, he returned--he just wanted to talk @ music.  We had a great time together.  I was just about to invite him when I realized I had no invite cards on me.

It would have been a natural transition to say, "I'm a part of a church that values the creativity and artistic expression we've been talking about.  I'm not sure what you think about God, Christ and the Church---but I'd love to have you as a guest some Sunday soon."

But I didn't.  So this morning I loaded up on those cards and pray that the fella will cross my path again.  But I'm ready for the next natural time to invite.


(by the way, that RS issue is incredibly interesting)

Blog Archive