Thursday, November 04, 2010

God goes for the jugular

The fact that God would choose to overpower Pharaoh's snake is no small thing.  He is going for the jugular.

“the serpent-crested diadem of Pharaoh symbolized all the power, sovereignty, and magic with which the
gods endued the king"   --John Currid


By finding his security in the serpent-god, Pharaoh was actually making
an alliance with Satan. The ancient manuscripts are explicit about this.
When Pharaoh first ascended the throne of Egypt, he would take the royal
crown and say,
O Great One, O Magician, O Fiery Snake!
Let there be terror of me like the terror of thee.
Let there be fear of me like the fear of thee.
Let there be awe of me like the awe of thee.
Let me rule, a leader of the living.
Let me be powerful, a leader of spirits.

With these words, Pharaoh offered his soul to the devil.

Here is King Tut's death mask:

Blog Archive