Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Last Sunday's Prayers

a couple of folks wondered about the origin of some language i used while praying sunday... yes! it was much too vivid & creative to be mine.... here it is:

Glorious God,
It is the flame of my life to worship You,
the crown and glory of my soul to adore You,
Give me power by Your Spirit to help me worship now,
that I may forget the world,
be brought into fullness of life,
be refreshed, comforted, blessed.

Give me knowledge of Your goodness
that I might not be over-awed by Your greatness;
Give me Jesus, Son of Man, Son of God,
that I might not be terrified,
but drawn near with filial love,
with holy boldness;
He is my mediator, brother, interpreter,
branch, advocate, Lamb;
Him I glorify,
in Him I am set on high.
Crowns to give I have none,
but what You have given I return.
Let me live wholly to my Savior,
free from distractions,
from carking care,
from hindrances to the pursuit of the narrow way.

I am pardoned through the blood of Jesus—
give me a new sense of it,
continue to pardon me by it,
may I come every day to the fountain,
and every day be washed anew,
that I may worship You always in spirit and truth.

Blog Archive