Monday, August 20, 2007

Hey Dwight, I'm Rob

When dropping off my precious Olivia and mighty John Reid at Chiles Elementary this morning I had the opportunity to help someone.

Kim and I noticed that a little boy seemed to be wandering in an empty hallway and just starting to worry that he wasn't going to find his classroom. I asked him if he needed help and he said yes... then it was this:

me: "What is your name."
boy: Dwight Harris.
Me: "Dwight, I'm Rob and I'm going to help you find your class."

The sense of the relief on his face was priceless. I wonder what he felt.... "Someone cares." "I'm not gonna be lost much longer."

I walked away thinking & praying, "God, bless Dwight Harris. Secure that boy in your love. And give me grace to know that you are forever leaning down to me saying--Rob, I'm God and I'm going to help you."

Blog Archive