Monday, March 26, 2007

A Nourished Soul.... prep your heart for communion Sunday

A reminder here for you to be meditating on the sacrificial love of Jesus as we prepare to celebrate the Eucharist on Sunday. I am always encouraged by Q&A 75 from the Heidelberg Catechism...
Q. 75. How are you reminded and assured in the Holy Supper that you participate in the one sacrifice of Christ on the cross and in all his benefits?
A. In this way: Christ has commanded me and all believers to eat of this broken bread, and to drink of this cup in remembrance of him. He has thereby promised that his body was offered and broken on the cross for me, and his blood was shed for me, as surely as I see with my eyes that the bread of the Lord is broken for me, and that the cup is shared with me. Also, he has promised that he himself as certainly feeds and nourishes my soul to everlasting life with his crucified body and shed blood as I receive from the hand of the minister and actually taste the bread and the cup of the Lord which are given to me as sure signs of the body and blood of Christ.

Blog Archive