Monday, March 17, 2008

Holy Week

It was 22 years ago this week that God gave me an experience with Himself through His scriptures like never before. I don't know exactly why... but I found myself reading the gospels through and through and it was as if Jesus had been killed and raised the week before and I'd never heard of it. At the Maundy Thursday service I grabbed the minister and said, "What is going on with me? I can't get this off my mind?" Later I learned that what was happening was nothing other than the new birth. God was calling me to Himself by the power of His Holy Spirit.

Perhaps that is why I'm always pushing folk to read the gospels during Holy Week.

If you want to go through Mark, here's a plan
Monday Mark 14:53-65
Tuesday Mark 14:66-72
Wednesday Mark 15:1-20
Thursday Mark 15:21-32
Friday Mark 15:33-42

Blog Archive