Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beautiful Day

Need to write longer later---but thinking of Zeph 3 and having jogged to U2 y'day i find 3 songs summarizing this section of scripture
1.) All because of you
Zeph 3:9 couldn't be clearer
I WILL change the speech of the nations (i.e. convert them)
Just look at how often God says,
"I WILL." in zeph 3:9-20

2.) Beautiful Day
Prophet wants us to dream of who we will be in New Heavens & New Earth--- a people who don't lie, who don't fear, who know no shame---boggles the mind. 'twill be a beautiful day-- and it shall never end

3.) I still haven't found what i'm looking for
The longing for the beautiful Day makes the pain that is here more bearable, yes. But also, meditating on how good it SHALL be also reveals how incomplete the work IS RIGHT NOW.
This is already/not yet. and so we groan, with hope!

See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out
It was a beautiful day
A beautiful day
Don't let it get away


Touch me, take me to that other place
Reach me, I know Iím not a hopeless case

Blog Archive