Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"I am so angry!"

God, Anger, the Psalter

While reading psalms I see there is alot about anger... I'm trying to compile some stuff for at least one sermon on anger this summer... but here's some samples for those who need to learn more now...
1. Paul Tripp, a counselor who has shaped much of my thinking about how the gospel changes us has an online lecture entitled"Anger is one of God's most beautiful characteristics."
you can find it here
2. Years ago I remember great gospel work when I went through 3 bible studies on anger with a young man. Here is the intro to those 3 articles... (I"ll seek to post them later)
Every human being deals with anger. In a world of disappointments, imperfections, miseries, and sins (our own and others’), anger is a given. You get angry.
I get angry. Those you counsel get angry. No doubt that’s why the Bible comes packed with stories, teachings, and comments about anger: God intends us to
understand anger and to know how anger problems can be resolved.

What is anger? How do we make sense of it? Let’s begin with five general statements about something we often experience but seldom stop to understand.
1. The Bible is About Anger
2. Anger is Something You Do
3. Anger is Natural
4. Anger is Learned
5. Anger is a Moral Matter

Blog Archive