Thursday, May 31, 2007

Psalm 35

Yesterday & Today's Psalm reading is Psalm 35... little helps like this might assist you as much as they do me...
Division of Psalm 35 The most natural mode of dividing this Psalm is to note its triple character. Its complaint, prayer, and promise of praise are repeated with remarkable parallelism three times, even as our Lord in the Garden prayed three times, using the same words. The first portion occupies from Ps 35:1-10, the second from Ps 35:11-18, and the last from Ps 35:19-28; each section ending with a note of grateful song. --Spurgeon

Also, glad to hear many folks are benefitting from memorizing Psalm 28:6-8

Blessed be the Lord!
For He has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength & my shield.
In Him my heart trusts, and I am helped.
My heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him.
The Lord is the strength of His people.
He is the saving refuge of His anointed. (This is from my memory.... here is official memorization text!)

Blog Archive