Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sweet Amelia

A man hoping to adopt gives a songwriter some pages from his wife's journal. The journal she was writing to her daughter (Amelia) before they ever met her. "We pray it will be an encouragement to all those still 'waiting'!"

--some of the lyrics give you the sense
How long my arms wait for you
Here on the ocean's edge I wait for you...
A letter in july...
I want to take you home..
I pray tonight that I could be the one
Where do you sleep tonight? Who holds you when you cry? I want to take you home!
Sweet Amelia, how I have somehow loved you all my life. I want to take
Your picture in the post and the days are coming close... and i want to take you home!
Sweet Amelia, your name is like a song...
I'm looking northwest in the sky tonight
We paint the walls in pink
Across the waters I will wait for you...

you can hear the song (and see Amelia!!) here IT IS the 3rd song

Blog Archive