Saturday, May 09, 2009

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
--How Deep the Father’s Love, Stuart Townend

From heav'n He came and sought her
To be His holy bride;
With His own blood He bought her,
And for her life He died.
--The Church’s One Foundation

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
--Man of Sorrows (Hallelujah! What a Savior)

I will sing of my Redeemer
And His wondrous love to me
On the cruel cross He suffered
From the curse to set me free

Sing, oh sing of my Redeemer
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.
--I will sing of my Redeemer

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
--Jesus Paid it All

Blog Archive