Sunday, March 28, 2010

Richard White, elder candidate

This morning we announce Richard White as elder candidate.  Here is some info on Richard:
Richard White

Married to Cindy for 23 years (next Sunday).  They have two daughters, Angela (student @ UF) and Laura (student @ Cornerstone Academy).  Richard has worked with the Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Companies for 19 years.  From 2004-2007 Richard was ordained and served as an elder at Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Deland, Florida.  At CCC, Richard serves as a teacher and CG leader.
1. If you were to stand before God and He were to ask you, “Why should I allow you to enter heaven,” what would you say? 
Because I have trusted in your Son, Jesus Christ, and Him alone to get me here.  I have nothing else to offer but His shed blood on my behalf.
I grew up in a Christian home. My father is an ordained minister and therefore I have always been in church and around the teaching of the gospel there and at home.  My profession of faith and baptism came at the age of 12, but the gospel became a reality to me more after college when I truly understood what faith and repentance meant and that Christ was more than just my ‘Savior’.  He was my Lord and Master and that actually meant something.  Rather than look to a date in the past for assurance or evidence of my salvation, the Spirit’s active work in the present is where real assurance comes from.    
2. How does your relationship with Jesus affect your life? 
I don’t despair.  I know that He works everything to my benefit even though in trials it often doesn’t feel like it.  His word makes sense to me and I have an increasing desire to know him more and more.  I can look back over my life and see His fingerprints everywhere. 
__________________________________________________
After a lengthy time of apprenticing, the session of Christ Community is putting Richard White forward to the congregation, to be installed as an elder. There will be a congregational meeting on Sunday, April 11 for the purpose on voting on this matter.

Blog Archive