Thursday, September 09, 2010

Living by Faith

Every morning . . . every moment of every day . . . I have a choice to make. I can trust in my heart's default position: Work it out, work harder, prove I'm better, show that I do love my neighbor, engage with Hagar and my sticky-notes. Or, I can rest in his promise that even though I look at myself and realize that for me it's been nearly 40 years since I first believed the promise, the One who is able to speak into existence things that don't exist, has declared that I am righteous now and that this faith is enough now. It must be enough or I can't breathe. That was the choice for me today and it's the choice we all face every day.



Taken from:
Is faith enough today? Elyse Fitzpatrick combats the inner slave driver http://bit.ly/dzYrfp



'

Blog Archive