Monday, April 30, 2007

Back from Greece

Kim and I had a wonderful time in Greece. Highlights? Either taking communion in Ancient Corinth while reading about it in 1 Corinthians... or the breath-taking vistas of the Greek Islands. Traveling is wonderful, coming home is better.

While away.... my new best friend John Newton helped me out on something.... How can I KNOW so much about faith/holiness/etc. AND LIVE SO LITTLE?! Maybe he'll help you too.

That which has been a frequent theme of my heart of late...I mean the remarkable and humbling difference which I suppose all who know themselves may observe, between their acquired and their experimental knowledge, or, in other words, between their judgement and their practice. --John Newton,

Basically, Newton says that God allows these gaps so that:
1.) We learn that it is all of grace
2.) We learn to be patient & tender with broken folk
3.) We learn to long for heaven when our struggle with sin shall be gone


read the letter here

Blog Archive