Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fighting for Faith With God's Word

When I did that little mini-series on "The Heart"... I kept referencing a tremendous chapter by John Piper on the role of the Scriptures in keeping our Heart near to God. He recently preached a message on this topic and you can listen and/or download it here.

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

1 Corinthians 9:26So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline/pummel my body and keep it under control (make it my slave), lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

These are some of the Scriptures that encourage you and me to fight to the death... for the joy that is found only in Christ.

Blog Archive