Friday, August 22, 2008

excerpt from vision night

How is Christ Community experiencing & extending the grace of Jesus Christ?

From a Children's Sunday School teacher...

I am always moved by their honesty. Recently we were discussing obeying God, how hard it can be to trust Him. We read Jesus' words, "If you love me you will obey my commandments." Then our lesson was from 1st Samuel and showed King Saul's disobedience of God, his lack of hoping in God. Then I asked, "How do you struggle to obey?"

The answers were raw and real... and after everyone--teacher & assistant included--had shared... we went to Jesus and asked Him to HELP!

I meet Christ with these kids. In fact, community is one tangible aspect of our time together. Last year there was one child in particular who really benefited from having a place where weekly they could ask for prayer, report on God's work, and be loved.

MMMM.... good stuff.

Blog Archive