Thursday, August 21, 2008

His arms of love & mercy

The kind of father I want to be, the kind of Father WE have!

O watch and wait with patience,
And question all you will
His arms of love and mercy,
Are round about thee still.

These lines from a great song grabbed me on the way to work today. Recent days God has been teaching me to trust Him... but these lessons come at great cost and many tears. As I spent 45 minutes with one of my children the other day struggling with them about why they have to do things that are hard and why they aren't allowed things that seem so good... God prepped me for that meeting because I've sat in the "son's" seat recently and benefited from a sweet and strong Father who does not give me what i want but says, "Question all you will. I'm here... and I love you and won't let you go."

Blog Archive