About 11 years ago my husband and I decided to support a
young boy in Ethiopia. We contacted this boy by going thru
Compassion International. Our young boy’s name is Beruk. He
was 8 years old when we started supporting him and his Christian
schooling. Over the years we have watched this young immature
boy grow into a young man of 19 years who shares with us his
love of Jesus Christ and is extremely thankful that he has been
allowed to grow up in a school and environment that is so much
better than what he would have had had he not been supported
by Compassion International.
He has one brother and one sister and parents also. In
Beruks’ country and town many parents cannot support their
families because there are no jobs, generation after generation
and many become alcoholics. We receive letters letting us know
what Beruk has spent the money we send to him. Once it was a
goat, once a flock of chickens, and a roof for his family’s home,
clothes, blankets and all this for very small financial gifts.
Beruk and I have corresponded for many years and I pray
for him and his family and he prays for our family. It was
especially comforting to know that last year when I was sick that
Beruk and his family were praying for me in Ethiopia. God has
blessed us with a correspondence with believers on the other side
of the world how great is that?
I believe that it is important to support with prayer and with
financial resources organizations that reach out to the unreached
people of our world and share the gospel with them. Supporting a
child where the main focus is salvation is important.
I encourage anyone to find way to expand your giving to the
world outside your small corner. Foreign missions and
Compassion International whose focus is sharing Christ’s gospel
is our passion, I challenge you if you have not chosen to reach out
to the unreached areas of the world to share Christ, please
petition God for an answer, listen to God’s answer and then obey
and you will be greatly blessed. I know we have.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
- Compassion International, Bev & Doug Robinson's te...
- Hope for Kids
- sunday stuff
- Spurgeon AM
- Generous Justice, by Keller
- I'm calling out "foodies"
- Exodus 6, after God's "I will", Israel's "We won't"
- If he said it, it must be right
- Details of Patterson baby
- Congrats to Cathy & Brad Patterson
- From y'day 2
- From y'day.
- Transforming Love of Christ
- Martin Luther
- Reflect God as you work this week
- Know the feeling?
- God is the Divine Warrior
- John 17:7
- From tedium to Te Deum
- Nice event @ study center tonite
- Do it again!
- Sunday 3pm!
- Exodus 6:1-8 for Sunday
- context of God's speech in chapter 6
- Nov 7 @ CCC you'll get to help
- The reference to"Outstretched arm" and "with great...
- Outstretched Arm
- More than you want, probably
- How Great is He
- Send grace, Lord
- Nov 7 @ CCC
- Hearts & Money
- Printable flyer
- February 11-12, book it
- From nyt
- From first strings to symphony
- J.I. Packer on God's Self-Disclosure
- Sign up to help today!
- Church - Re-Membering the Body
- Michael Card Teaching on Lamenting
- Christ's cross doth shine! God's Son hath set me f...
- Sin as Slavery; Jesus as Emancipator
- Opposition to God
- intellectual, spiritual, and social
- Fun learning for kids
- Loving our Triune God
- Reviewing Exodus 4, Looking towards Exodus 5--- Wh...
- Sweet Freedom
- A buddy heading here to help
- Charles Spurgeon A world where everything was ...
- Accept this invite!
- Starts with a mosquito bite
- 6pm communion
- Breakfast to Help House of Hope
- Resources on Predestination & Election
- Even in this life
- Evening Communion
- Candidly, we need your help
- Fall Festival, signup this week please
- Can't leave that exodus 4 yet
- An opp to help impoverished kids is en route to CCC
- Song I referenced yesterday
- Song Justin and crew nailed y'day
- Nov 6
- Wanna know more background on Exodus 4?
- Great stuff on art, beauty and hospitality
- HOW TO PRAY BETTER IN PUBLIC AND IN PRIVATE, TOO
- Work Matters
- We sing what we study
- Pharoah's Hard Heart
- God is God, if you know what I mean
- What Moses said to his Father-in-law in Exodus 4
- what moses told his Father in law
- test, dern google pdf system
- Anticipatory Providence
- pray for folks working with University students
- Matthew Smith, on Compassion International
- sunday scripture, Exodus 4:14b-28
- True Security
- The gift of grace to know straight
- Worth printing and praying aloud
- Book it fellas, February 11-12
- Tuesday Night Galatians Study
- Sir, give me that water.
- Where does it flow effortlessly?
- Women's Tuesday pm study
- Kids @ Tuesday women's AM study
- Men's Breakfast @ Perkins--6:30am Thursday
- God's Ownership of His People
- None can compare
- We are fed that He might feed through us
- Simply on Christ
- Exodus 4:31 (easier than foreskin passage)
- This is in exodus 4
- The stuff we steward for God
- God's Explosive Power
- ▼ October (103)
- ► 2009 (533)
- ► 2008 (617)
- ► 2007 (531)