Friday, October 22, 2010

Exodus 6:1-8 for Sunday

Just prior Moses said to God, "what gives, you haven't helped yet. Why not?"


1 But the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to
Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will send them out, and with a
strong hand he will drive them out of his land."
2 God spoke to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD.
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but
by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.
4 I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of
Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners.
5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Israel whom the
Egyptians hold as slaves, and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will
bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will
deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an
outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment.
7 I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God, and you
shall know that I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out from
under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to
Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the
LORD.'"

Blog Archive