Saturday, September 20, 2008

quotes on liberty

"Is it more wrong to allow what God prohibits, or to prohibit what God allows?"

--Bryan Chapell, online here

(his page 120 looks golden)

don’t teach me about politics and government
just tell me who to vote for
don’t teach me about truth and beauty
just label my music

don’t teach me how to live like a free man
just give me a new law -- derek webb, hear the song here







“When, in an effort to ‘err on the side of caution,’ we forbid what God allows, then we actually break the commandment against creating other gods. We put ourselves in God’s position when we forbid what we cannot prove God prohibits. Before we use our positions to control others’ lives and decisions, we had best be very sure of our biblical grounds for doing so.” --Bryan Chapell, Holiness by Grace, p.120

Blog Archive